Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Gentlemen, Start Your Engines

I HAVE been testing the engines that came with the Knight Playset, and I am pleased to report that I earlier significantly underestimated their range.
In my previous tests I shot them while they were positioned on my hotel bed's duvet - not a stable platform.
Today I tested them on my hotel room floor, which has a very short-pile carpet. The results were spectacular - so much so that I still do not know their maximum ranges.
Photo taken from the hotel room door, which both engines - they can just be seen in the distance - reached with ease
What I can say is that accuracy is much easier with the Grey bombard and, as is to be expected, the Black catapult could not hit targets at extreme short range. This will to a certain extent offset Black's advantage in mounted figures.
As to the scenario in which I will be using the playset, I have decided that a generic medieval skirmish battle is to be preferred over trying to refight a specific battle (the absence of longbowmen makes my first thought of a War of the Roses scenario rather foolish).

No comments:

Post a Comment