Wednesday, September 20, 2017

A Knight To Remember - the battle concluded

Turn Seven
The catapult tried yet another over-the-heads shot, and again with success - killing one of my knights around the bombard and knocking down the remaining walls of the ruined building. But in a shocking development, Lord Hall's bannerman turned to the seemingly easy melee prey of my crossbowman, only to fall to what must have been a quick thrust of the archer's dirk.
One of my knights tore down Black's now-unguarded banner, and my crossbowman followed up his meleeing success by shooting dead another Black knight crossing the bridge.
Looking along the river, which Black's knights are starting to wade across, having been cleared from the footbridge
Turn Eight
A quiet turn for Lord Hall. His men made slow work of crossing the river, and both his crossbowman and catapult missed their shots.
My bombard, at last able to shoot again, downed a knight in the river, and my crossbowman killed yet another Black knight crossing the bridge.
Carnage on the bridge
Turn Nine
A Black knight mounted the riderless horse, but the catapult again fired harmlessly into the riverside logged trees.
I engineered a pair of 2v1 battles, but lost both of them, fortunately only being forced back rather than suffering casualties. However, my bombard killed another Black knight.
Lord Hall personally leads a charge across the bridge, driving back two Grey defenders
Turn Ten
The finish came quickly as I engineered three 2v1 fights and won them all, including killing the courageous Lord Hall. With his remaining forces heavily outnumbered, my opponent graciously conceded.
to be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment