Monday, June 04, 2018

Adding Stability

ONE of the (many) things I am old-school about in wargaming is bases.
I want mine to be as unobtrusive as possible, so as not to detract from the figures on them.
What I particularly dislike are thick bases with so much flocking that it looks like the troops are standing on plinths.
That is why I buy 1mm-high galvanised-steel bases from Products For Wargamers.
My War Of The Austrian Succession foot, horse and guns are fixed on bases 40mm x 20mm, with generals on bases 20mm x 20mm.
I recently ordered extra 20mm x 20mm bases and have used them to add stability to my trees, which proved tricky to keep upright, especially on a slope.
Not much danger of these trees toppling before their time
The picture shows a pine forest with, in the foreground, an oak wood.
Between them is my newest cavalry squadron, Saxony's Königlicher Prinz Kürassiere, followed by their fellow-Saxon Leibgrenadiergarde.

No comments:

Post a Comment