Friday, January 11, 2019

Double Delight

I BOUGHT the Jan/Feb issue of Medieval Warfare and the Dec/Jan issue of Ancient Warfare on the same day early last month.
Two of the best
My late-posting has nothing to do with disappointment at the magazines' qualities - indeed these are two of the best issues of these magazines I have read in a long while.
Medieval Warfare (vol VIII, issue 6) concentrates on France's Louis IX and the Seventh Crusade. Since I knew little about the king or the crusade, I found just about every article fascinating.
Ancient Warfare (vol XII, issue 4) is themed around naval warfare, particularly that of the Macedonian Successor kingdoms. I cannot say this is a subject that normally grips me, but again I found the articles to be very readable.

No comments:

Post a Comment