Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Mid-18th Century Update - France

I HAVE blogged before that my French forces were complete, only to find myself a few weeks later increasing their strength.
But I do think my current set-up will last for some little time … I hope.
French arms at the ready
At the front are three 8pdr guns and Chasseurs de Fischer.
Behind them (left to right) are battalions of Navarre, Picardie, Champagne, Touraine and Poitou foot.
The remaining five battalions are Alsace, Wittmer, Grenadiers de France, Piemont and Normandie.
The first row of horse are Mestre de Camp Général dragoons, Gendarmes de la Garde, La Reine Cavalerie, Languedoc dragoons, Bretagne Cavalerie, Cuirassiers du Roi, Colonel Général Cavalerie and Bercheny hussars.
The back row has Orléans dragoons, Beaufremont dragoons, five generals (Noailles, Soubise, Broglie, Saxe and Gramont), Dragons du Roi and Royal-Cravate Cavalerie.
In all, the French have 10 battalions of foot, one unit of light infantry, six squadrons of heavy horse, five squadrons of dragoons, one squadron of hussars, three guns and five generals.

No comments:

Post a Comment