Monday, May 02, 2022

Toys R Me

MY father asked me to get him a new laptop computer, and I transported it in a suitcase to his home in Sussex using tube, train and bus.
I took the opportunity to bring back to London a box marked "Toys 8/1/84."
It turned out to contain mostly 1/32nd scale (approx) cars and such like, but also a sizeable collection of Dinky army vehicles.
A small selection of the non-military vehicles, including Lady Penelope's Fab 1 car from Thunderbirds, a taxi from The Prisoner and a Man From U.N.C.L.E. car
Almost all the vehicles are from the 1960s, with one or two possibly older.
The military selection includes guns that still work, ie can fire matchsticks
I intend donating the non-military vehicles to my local Oxfam shop, which has confirmed it wants toys, but will keep the military at least for a while for possible use with Airfix Battles.

No comments:

Post a Comment