Monday, May 15, 2017

Battle of Chotusitz - Final Preparations

AS usual I will allow my opponent to pick which army he wishes to command, although I have little doubt that, as a dyed-in-the-wool lover of all things French, he will choose to oppose France's nemesis for centuries, namely the Hapsburgs.
In any event, here are the full line-ups of the two forces.

AUSTRIA
Prince Charles of Lorraine
Six battalions of regular foot
One battalion of grenadiers (rated elite)
One unit of Grenzer light infantry (stationed opposite Chotusitz)
Four squadrons of cuirassiers (the Hohen-Ems squadron is elite)
Four squadrons of dragoons (the Liechtenstein squadron is elite)
Two squadrons of hussars
Two guns
Total units, including the general, is 21, giving a median Command & Control value of 11 (red cards).

PRUSSIA
King Frederick II (rated superior)
Seven battalions of regular foot
One battalion of grenadiers (rated elite)
Four squadrons of cuirassiers
Four squadrons of dragoons
One squadron of hussars
Three guns
Total units, including the general, is 21, giving a median Command & Control value, after one is added for Frederick's superior ability and one is subtracted for the army being fatigued, of 11 (black cards).

I normally allow both players, after the initial deployment, to alter the position of up to three units, but I am scrapping this rule for Chotusitz as I think it would be unfair to let the Austrian commander rectify the faulty positioning of his left wing.


The view from Schuschitz deer park. I doubt the park will come into play, but I built it, so I want to show it!
Anyway, everything is set up and it seems we will be able to stage our refight on the battle's exact 275th anniversary.

To be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment