Wednesday, April 17, 2019

1870 and all that!

I ORDERED Bruce Weigle's 1870 - Grand Tactical Rules For The Franco-Prussian War from Caliver Books for £30.45, including postage, and it arrived today.
That might seem a lot of money considering I did not buy the rules for the rules, which are designed for 6mm figures and are described by Neil Thomas as "workmanlike."
My interest is in what Thomas calls "the outstanding sets of scenarios, including some superb maps of historical battlefields." He also praises 1870 for its "historical analysis" and "massively detailed" annotated bibliography.
1870 … a striking cover and more than 100 pages
However, even though the rules may only be "workmanlike," I am fairly sure I will enjoy reading them, and am quite likely to pick up some useful ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment