Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Tabletop Gaming Annual

I GAVE up buying Tabletop Gaming because I felt the editors' hearts were not in it.
Instead of showing a game or game components on the cover, they always went with a computer-generated image, suggesting tabletop games were a poor relation of 'the real thing'.
However, I have made an exception with the magazine's special issue: The Best Games Of 2019.
Annual round-up … £9.99
It contains 181 reviews - in some cases, perhaps, truncated reviews.
That is a lot to get through, but most I just skimmed as they were of fantasy games set in the game-designers' imagined worlds - not something that interests me at all.
But there was enough in the magazine to form the basis for further research, with the possibility, however remote, of making a purchase.
The reviews that have piqued my interest are: 1066, Tears To Many Mothers; Ancient Civilizations Of The Inner Sea; Blitzkrieg!

No comments:

Post a Comment