Wednesday, September 09, 2020

Leisurely From Leisure Games

GOT on the Northern Line again today and returned to Finchley at a time when I knew Leisure Games would be open.
The last time I was in the shop, which was a good few years ago, I bought the boardgame Empires In America.
Not much has changed at Leisure Games, which is certainly not meant as a criticism, except that the shop seems to no longer stock magazines.
I guess this is largely down to the internet, although the Orcs (sic) Nest in Seven Dials still has a reasonably diverse magazine rack.
I did not buy anything at Leisure Games, but my trip gave me an excuse to spend much of the rest of the day walking back to Spitalfields.
This time, however, on reaching the North London Circular, instead of continuing south, I turned east on to the Dollis Valley Greenwalk - the signpost indicating that it went through Little Wood and Big Wood was a big attraction.
Parts of the walk were picturesque indeed, and even the urban bits were interesting.
I ended up at the Hampstead Heath Extension and eventually found my way to Hampstead Heath proper.
On leaving the heath I headed south, but then turned left towards Hampstead tube station and made my way home via a familiar route through Camden, stopping on the way for a late lunch-early dinner at a Portuguese restaurant called O Tino.
All in all a thoroughly enjoyable day, with plenty of scenic bits along the way.






No comments:

Post a Comment