Tuesday, November 01, 2022

Ruling The Tabletop

MOST wargamers seem to operate on the principle that it is impossible to have too many sets of rules.
That was certainly part of my thinking when I bought the October issue of Wargames Illustrated, which comes with "everything you need to play intriguingly simple Napoleonic big battles."
Wargames Illustrated and the accompanying Valour & Fortitude rules
I have not tried the rules, but they make an interesting read and are certainly less ridiculously daunting than the likes of Black Powder.
It is a long time since I bought a wargaming magazine, apart from my subscription to Slingshot, and I was pleasantly surprised by the contents, although too much coverage - for my taste - of fantasy and skirmish wargames will make me hesitant to purchase future issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment