Thursday, April 20, 2017

D-Day Scenario - The Battle (part three)

TURN TEN
Tan continued to advance his infantry, including those in the Jeep. His tanks fired at my anti-tank rifleman, but the shots fell short.
It was only after completing his turn that Tan realised he could have moved his tanks backwards to keep out of range of my anti-tank rifleman.
There was more bad news for him when my turn-starting throw, now getting a bonus of +2, brought more reinforcements, and this time a tank!
My tank immediately swung into action, knocking out a Tan tank, but my anti-tank rifleman could not emulate this success.
A Tan tank burns in the distance
TURN ELEVEN
Tan reversed his surviving tank and sent the Jeep forward half a move to be almost alongside it, where it disgorged its infantry unit.
The other Tan infantry continued advancing, except for the two runaway riflemen who, after one turn in which they halted, ran through the sea to the very edge of the table.
Tan's tank killed a rifleman from my infantry reinforcements after again missing his primary target of my anti-tank rifleman (the Tan tank did not have line-of-sight to my tank).
But his tank survived another turn as it was missed by both my tank and my anti-tank rifleman - still within range as Tan had sent his tank in reverse instead of turning and fleeing, which would have covered more ground despite the arc of turning.
Tan's Jeep has rushed infantry to support his remaining tank
TURN TWELVE
Just as Tan, as he admitted, feared he was running out of time to win, he pulled off a double-whammy - his tank destroyed my tank, and his forward infantry unit killed my anti-tank rifleman. Once again I was without armour-killing capability.
I did not even come close to getting reinforcements this turn, and my infantrymen failed to score a single hit on the Tan infantry.
Smoke billows from three of the four tanks, while in the background the Tan Jeep is picking up another unit of infantry
TURN THIRTEEN
Tan's tank killed two of my infantry, and another two fell to small-arms fire. My only consolation was that his two runaway riflemen exited the table.
Just a shotgunner remained of my reinforcements, and his morale test forced him to halt well out of range of Tan troops. Two Green riflemen and a sniper hiding behind my knocked-out Jeep failed to score a hit.
Desperate last stand behind the knocked-out Jeep

TURN FOURTEEN
Tan killed three more of my men, leaving me with just an officer and a rifleman from Unit Land and  a leaderless shotgunner from the reinforcements.
However my officer, charging down from the command post, killed a Tan officer and a rifleman while my remaining rifleman killed the same unit's sergeant, meaning it was without leadership.
Green bodies litter the battlefield as the Tan hordes close in
To be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment