Saturday, August 22, 2026

Hill Of Watchfires - Turn III

Situation after two turns
The start-of-turn-event die is a 1, allowing all Dacian archers to launch a surprise attack at a range of three hexes, but none has enemy in range and line-of-sight.
I no longer have any archers, so the movement phase begins with the five units of Dacian archers, but none makes a significant move, except, perhaps, for the forward archers near the centre of the hill, who fall back diagonally to their right.
My leading cavalry are out of command range, but I roll 6, 2, 1, which, after consulting the compass, allows me to move the unit onto the hill. I then roll 6, 5, 4, but choose to keep the unit where it is. The other cavalry are in command range, so I advance them diagonally right two hexes.
The Dacian cavalry advance diagonally to their left one hex, contacting my legion, which it charge-attacks, needing 7+, but with a +1 modifier for attacking from rocky ground. The dice total 4.
I advance my commander two hexes so he is in command range (three hexes) of all the Romans, except for the legion.
My two units of Praetorians advance, so two units are beside each other.
Both units of Dacian swordsmen stand still.
My legion is engaged, which means the falxmen are next to activate, but neither unit moves.
My spearmen advance diagonally right to contact the Dacian cavalry.
The furthest-left Dacian warriors stay where they are, being joined by the warriors nearest them, while the warriors on the Dacian left enter the trees beside the river.
The Romans no longer have any missile troops, but the AI has hardly made good use of its archers, so the point may be moot

No comments:

Post a Comment