Monday, June 08, 2020

Plane Poser

TOOK a trip to the Hannants model shop in north London, which has reopened with more-or-less its pre-lockdown hours.
I was hoping to buy, among other things, a box of Caesar's 1/72nd Hebrew Warriors, having seen on the company website that more than 40 boxes were available.
Now I accept the main part of their business is probably done via mail-order from their premises in Lowestoft, Suffolk.
But guess how many boxes of Hebrew Warriors were available at the London shop? Award yourself a merit point if you guessed: none.
I had less hope that the nearby RAF Colindale Museum would be open - after all, don't you know there's a bore on?
But I got to take the following photo of a plane at the museum entrance, the idea being to satisfy my curiosity, aroused on a previous visit, as to whether it is a Hurricane or a Spitfire.
Spitfire or Hurricane? 

*****
*****
*****
*****
*****
Answer: Hurricane (I think).

No comments:

Post a Comment