Thursday, April 23, 2020

Hills!?

WE are nearly ready to fight a test battle for Project Kaiser - my 54mm toy-soldier refight of the Franco-Prussian War.
Unfortunately the Covid-19 crisis has made it next-to-impossible for me to source the terrain I was hoping to get.
But my daily exercising out-doors has been taking me down Bethnal Green Road in the East End, which has more shops open than many other parts of London thanks to having lots of family-run 'essential' businesses.
One I popped into had a pack of plastic bowls with a diameter of about 5in - not much use for most people, I would have thought, but just the right size for my planned 5in gridded Project Kaiser playing surface.
The pack
An individual bowl
The pack was £1.99, I think - I cannot recall exactly, but it was cheap enough that no harm would be done if the bowls proved unsuitable for what I had in mind.
Add a lick of green paint and I reckon they make suitable hills for my toy soldiers to fight over.
Four hills on a 14x11 5in grid
Perhaps not ideal - but good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment