Friday, July 03, 2020

Independence Day

AS a Brit I never thought I would be celebrating July 4.
To be fair I have been in the US on that day and not seen many signs of celebrating - certainly not to the degree you might expect from films and TV.
However July 4 will certainly be widely celebrated in England this year as it is the day people regain much of their freedom lost under Covid-19 lockdown.
Pubs and restaurants were ordered to shut 15 weeks ago on the evening of Friday March 20.
I hope to mark their official reopening tomorrow with a few drinks and a meal, and by watching Wolves play Arsenal at 5.30 in a pub with Sky.
The one thing I have not decided is where I am going to do these things, but I feel my first pub should have some historical significance ...

No comments:

Post a Comment