Thursday, October 01, 2026

Hunters' Ridge - Turn VII: Assault Phase

My archers have a clear shot at the Dacian left-flank cavalry - I need to take advantage of this
Bows against cavalry need 9+ to score a hit, but there is a -1 modifier for being on higher ground, and I roll 12! That routs the cavalry, and suddenly the danger on the Roman right looks much less threatening.
None of the Dacian archers has enemy in range and line-of-sight, so next to attack are my Praetorians. I begin with the unit in the trees, which requires 6+ against swordsmen, but there are -1 modifiers for being on higher ground, for attacking while next to the commander, and for having colleagues also engaged with the enemy unit. I again roll 12, easily eliminating the swordsmen. I do not let the victors advance to occupy the vacated hex.
Two sets of double-6s were overkill, but none-the-less welcome

No comments:

Post a Comment