Friday, August 28, 2026

Hill Of Watchfires - Turn VI

I would hope my infantry can see off the two advanced units of warriors, leaving the cavalry to continue pushing east
The start-of-turn-event die is a 6, meaning the fog of last turn continues.
The archers nearest my cavalry move diagonally away. The only other archers to move are the newly arrived unit, which advances diagonally right.
One of my units of cavalry is out of command range, so I roll three dice, getting 6, 2, 1, but I have no interest in moving in those directions on the compass, so I leave the unit where it is. My other cavalry move diagonally back to the right, and charge-attack the warriors on the hill, needing 6+. However, I roll 5.
The rightward Praetorians ascend the hill, making contact with the same unit of warriors. The other Praetorians advance diagonally right.
The rearward Dacian swordsmen advance into nearby trees.
I leave my legionaries where they are, as I do not want them in contact with two units of warriors, as legionaries are warriors' preferred target.
The falxmen do not move.
My spearmen leave the wood and enter rocky ground at the foot of the hill, and I advance my commander diagonally right to be able to support the spearmen and the Praetorians.
Both unengaged units of Dacian warriors remain where they are.
The warriors in the rocky ground on the hill look doomed

No comments:

Post a Comment