Wednesday, October 07, 2026

Hunters' Ridge - Turn X: Attack Phase

This could end in tears
The Dacian left-flank forward archers shoot at my cavalry (friends do not block line-of-sight). They need 9+, and there is a +1 modifier for being on lower ground, but a -1 for the falxmen also being in contact with my men. The dice total 8 - one short.
My horsemen attack the falxmen, needing 7+. There is a -1 for being on higher ground, but a +1 for attacking from rocky ground. I roll 8, forcing the enemy to fall back two hexes. I do not let my cavalry occupy the vacated hex.
The right-flank Dacian cavalry attack my extreme-left Praetorians, needing 8+, but with +1s for being on lower ground and for attacking from rocky ground, which is just as well as the dice total 9.
My Praetorians in the trees attack the falxmen they are engaged with, needing 7+. There is a -1 for high ground, and I roll 10, easily routing the Dacian unit. Again, I do not let my men advance.
The forward Praetorians on the left attack the Dacian cavalry, needing 8+, but with -1s for being on higher ground and for having comrades also in contact with the horsemen. However, I roll 3.
Finally, my other unit of Praetorians similarly attacks the same cavalrymen, but this time with a +1 for attacking from rocky ground. I roll 4.
I am holding on for now, but there is nothing to stop the furthest-forward falxmen from ascending the ridge next turn, and so winning the battle for the AI

2 comments:

  1. I am really enjoying this. Good luck for the next phase!

    ReplyDelete