Tuesday, May 07, 2019

New Magazine Purchase

I BOUGHT Ancient History magazine for the first time last week as the issue's theme, Living The Urban Dream - Cities In The Ancient World, interested me.
Ancient History … 60 pages
The issue is numbered 21 and cost £5.99, for which you get 60 pages with very few adverts.
That is very much a good-news-bad-news situation. It is good that the magazine is so 'full', but bad that it is not attracting much advertising.
Still, since Ancient History apparently comes out every two months, it has been going for more than three years, and I certainly wish it well.
I am not sure the articles taught me anything I was not already more-or-less generally aware of, but with the exception of an out-of-place piece on the cartoon character Asterix, every piece kept me reading to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment