Wednesday, May 01, 2019

Project Kaiser - French Round-Up

HAVING done as much as I can for the present with my first order from Transport Models of Preston, and while waiting for my second order, now is a good time to take stock.
I am fairly sure my 54mm units for refighting the Franco-Prussian War on the battles' 150th anniversaries will consist of: infantry - four figures; cavalry - two figures, artillery - gun and four gunners.
My French forces to date are pictured below.
France - 20 infantry, six cavalry and a gun
In the back row are hussars flanked by units of dragoons. The infantry (left to right) are Foreign Legion, two line units, zouaves and Garibaldi Redshirts. The gun awaits crew.
It has to be said that the HäT dragoons are barely compatible scale-wise with their Armies In Plastic colleagues - but that is not a disaster with toy soldiers, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment