Saturday, April 29, 2023

Stratton Play-Through: Turn Five

Situation at the end of turn four
My six dice - I have lost a unit - give me two 6s, two 5s, 4 and 3. I allocate the move order to the pikes, who charge the nearer enemy pikes, needing 8+, reduced by three thanks to the Parliamentarians having within firing range two units of muskets and one of cannon. I roll 7, demoralising the enemy pikes and forcing them back to behind the muskets on the same row of hexes.
My lefthand muskets fire at the pikes near them, needing 8+, reduced by one thanks to support from another unit of pikes. They are not shooting directly through trees, so there is no addition, but I roll a lowly 4.
The furthest-forward muskets also fire at the same unit of pikes, needing 8+, but this time firing directly through trees cancels the -1 for having support. I roll 9, demoralising the pikes and sending them back to higher ground.
The AI will have to do some decent dice rolling if it is to keep any pikes
The lefthand Parliamentarian muskets again stand still, but the central ones fire at my pikes, needing 8+. They roll 8, so my pikes are demoralised, but do not flee. The remaining Parliamentarian muskets advance.
The AI fails to rally the righthand pikes (a 4 was rolled), so they flee the battlefield, but the other pikes rally on a throw of 5.
My lack of fast-moving horse worries me, but otherwise I reckon the battle is going well for the Royalists

No comments:

Post a Comment