Sunday, April 30, 2023

Stratton Play-Through: Turn Six

Situation at the end of turn five
My six dice give me 6, two 3s and three 1s. I reroll the 3s and get two 4s.
For once, dice allocation is easy - the 6 will rally the pikes, one 4 goes to the artillery with enemy units on their row of hexes, and the other 4 goes to the furthest-forward muskets.  The move orders go to the remaining units, including the lefthand artillery, which I move to their left. The other artillery fire, but roll 4.
I advance the backward muskets so that when the forward muskets fire at the nearest enemy muskets, they can give support. That helps cut the 8+ needed by two, and I roll the 6 required to demoralise the enemy unit.
The time factor is my biggest worry, especially considering the position of the left-flank Parliamentarian muskets
The left-flank Parliamentarian muskets at last advance, the demoralised muskets rally and the other muskets fire at my pikes, needing 8+, but reduced by two thanks to both the other musket units giving support. However they roll a miserable 3.
The Parliamentarian pikes advance to between the nearby muskets.
Both armies are in fairly good formation to enable units to give mutual support

No comments:

Post a Comment