Friday, April 28, 2023

Stratton Play-Through: Turn Four

Situation at the end of turn three
My seven dice give me 6, two 4s, two 3s and two 1s. I reroll the 3s, getting 5 and 1.
This gives me four attack orders, and I allocate two of them to the artillery, one to the pikes and one to the furthest-back musketeers..
The righthand artillery roll 8, demoralising the muskets in their line-of-fire. The lefthand artillery also yet again roll 8, which is a failure as they are firing through trees.
I use two move orders, one to advance a musket unit and the other to send my horse into the trees, from where they charge the further back of the two pike units they are in contact with, needing 9+, but reduced by three thanks to three units of muskets being within firing range, I roll 11, demoralising the pikes and sending them fleeing from the battlefield.
My pikes attack the pikes they are face-to-face with, needing 8+, but reduced by four thanks to support from three units of muskets and one of horse. I roll 10, demoralising the pikes and sending them fleeing from the battlefield.
It has been an excellent half-turn for the Royalist cause.
The lefthand Parliamentarian musketeers stand still, but the demoralised musketeers rally, and the remaining Parliamentarian musket unit advances to its right, so taking them off the line-of-fire of my lefthand artillery.
The lefthand pikes advance towards my horse, who are also charged by the righthand Parliamentarian pikes. The pikes need 7+, reduced by two thanks to support from two units of muskets, but increased by one thanks to the horse being in trees. They roll 11, demoralising my horse and forcing them to flee the battlefield.
The Parliamentarians have scored their first success, but now have fewer units than the Royalists

No comments:

Post a Comment