Thursday, April 27, 2023

Stratton Play-Through: Turn Three

Situation at the end of turn two
My seven dice give me 5, 4, 3, three 2s and 1. I reroll the 2s, but get two more 2s and 1. I allocate the attack dice (5-4) to the artillery.
My lefthand artillery again roll 8, which again is one short of what is needed for a hit as the unit is firing through trees. The righthand artillery also roll 8, demoralising the musketeers in their line-of-fire.
I make minor adjustments to the rest of the army, basically ensuring only my pikes can be attacked by enemy pikes this turn.
A clash of pikes is inevitable
Only one Parliamentarian musket unit advances, and the demoralised musketeers fail to rally, so fleeing the battlefield.
The pikes that have descended from the hill charge my pikes, needing 8+, but roll 6, putting them in a very precarious position for next turn. The other pike units all advance.
The Parliamentarian pikes are boldly advancing, but in danger of receiving scant support from their musketeers

No comments:

Post a Comment