Thursday, October 17, 2024

More Napoleonic Wargaming - Part Two

NATURALLY a battlefield needs scenery, and in the case of the first scenario in Mike Lambo's Battles Of Napoleonic Europe, the scenery consists of a river, a village, six woods or copses, a stream or river, a six-hex ridge of high ground and a single-hexed hill at the bottom-right of the map.
Map of the battlefield
Part of my original order of Hexon II from Nottinghamshire-base Kallistra included hill hexes.
My basic battlefield grid, with hill hexes added

I already had plenty of suitably sized trees in my collection

With the village of Roliça added

The river is cut from blue felt bought at a Hobbycraft store in Hull
I am very pleased with the final result - well worth the money and time spent on it.

2 comments:

  1. Looks good. The scenery really does add to the game. Mike

    ReplyDelete