Monday, May 01, 2023

Stratton Play-Through: Turn Seven

Situation at the end of turn six
My six dice give me three 4s, 2 and two 1s. I reroll the 1s, getting 4 and 2. I allocate the move orders to the pikes and righthand muskets, and attack orders to the other units.
I first make the moves, and then fire with my righthand artillery, needing 8+, reduced by one thanks to support from a unit of muskets. I roll 9, demoralising the central Parliamentarian muskets and forcing them back to the edge of the battlefield.
The lefthand artillery also need 8+, but reduced by three thanks to support from three units of muskets. I roll 5, demoralising the righthand Parliamentarian muskets.
My central muskets fire at the same target, needing 8+, reduced by three thanks to support from two units of muskets and one of cannon, and a further one because the target is demoralised. I roll 9, destroying the enemy muskets as they are already demoralised.
My lefthand muskets no longer have a target, but it has been a good half-turn for the Royalist cause.
The Parliamentarians are down to three units, and one of those needs rallying before it flees this turn
The undemoralised Parliamentarian muskets fire at my pikes, needing 8+, reduced by one thanks to support from pikes, and a further one for being on higher ground. They roll 7, meaning my pikes are demoralised and flee one hex.
The demoralised Parliamentarian muskets fail to rally and so exit the battlefield.
The Parliamentarian pikes, perhaps not surprisingly given the state of the battle, stand still.
My cannon have no targets next turn, but otherwise things are going well for me

No comments:

Post a Comment