Thursday, May 11, 2023

Lansdowne Play-Through: Turn Five

My seven dice give me two 6s, two 5s, 4, 2 and 1.
Dice allocated in what I hope is the best way
I start by rallying the fleeing horse, and then I move the left-flank pikes in front of the left-flank muskets so that when the latter fire at the nearest Royalist muskets, the pikes can give support (remember, there are no line-of-sight issues for firing in this game). The muskets need 8+, reduced by one for the support and one for being on higher ground, but I roll 5.
My right-flank pikes attack the Royalist pikes they are in contact with, needing 8+, reduced by three thanks to support from two units of muskets and one of horse. I roll 8, demoralising the enemy pikes and sending them fleeing to the edge of the battlefield.
My remaining muskets with attack orders have no one in range, but my right-flank horse advance.
A large proportion of the Royalist army is in danger of exiting the battle
The good-morale Royalist horse charge my pikes opposite them, needing 9+, but roll 6. The other Royalist horse fail to rally and so flee the battlefield.
The leading Royalist muskets fire at the pikes opposite them, needing 8+, reduced by one thanks to support from another unit of muskets, but roll 3. The second unit of muskets now fires, similarly needing 8+ reduced by one, but roll 4. The other musket unit stands still.
None of the Royalist pike units rallies, meaning two of them leave the battlefield and the other teeters on the edge.
Appalling dice throwing has left the AI in big trouble

No comments:

Post a Comment