Saturday, May 13, 2023

Lansdowne Play-Through: Turn Seven

Situation at the end of turn six
My seven dice give me two 4s, two 3s, two 2s and 1. I reroll the 4s, getting another 4 and 1.
I start by advancing the left-flank horse and muskets, and then charge with my left-flank pikes, who need 7+ for a hit, reduced by two thanks to supporting units. I roll exactly 5.
I advance my remaining units, allocating the useless attack-order die to the furthest-back muskets on the assumption they are least likely to be able to affect the outcome of the battle, which I have to win by the end of turn 10.
The charge is on to catch the Royalists before time runs out
The Royalist horse charge my right-flank horse, needing 8+, reduced by 1 thanks to supporting muskets. The throw is 8, demoralising my unit and sending it back a hex.
The right-flank muskets fail to rally, fleeing to the edge of the battlefield. The left-flank muskets fire at my right-flank pikes, needing 8+, reduced by one thanks to supporting horse, but 5 is rolled.
The Royalist pikes advance towards my left-flank pikes.
The Royalists remain in big trouble, with only time on their side

No comments:

Post a Comment