Sunday, May 14, 2023

Lansdowne Play-Through: Turn Eight

Situation at the end of turn seven
My seven dice give me two 5s, 4, 3, two 2s and 1. I reroll the 2s, hoping for a 6 to rally my fleeing horse, but get 4 and 1. I give move orders to my backward muskets and to my two units that have descended from the hill, and attack orders to the remaining units.
The attack order is no use to my demoralised horse, who retreat to the edge of the battlefield.
I advance my backward muskets, putting them within attack range of the Royalist horse.
I then use my right-flank pikes to attack the horse, needing 7+, reduced by five thanks to five supporting units. I roll 7, forcing the horse from the battlefield.
Just three Royalist units remain, but time is running out
The good-morale Royalist muskets fire at my left-flank pikes (there was an equal chance of them instead firing at my right-flank pikes, but a die throw determined the choice), needing 8+, reduced by one thanks to support from pikes. The throw is 8, demoralising my pikes and forcing them back a hex.
The other Royalist muskets rally, and the pikes move in front of them, screening them from my left-flank horse.
My earlier euphoria is turning to major doubts - hubris indeed

No comments:

Post a Comment