Monday, May 08, 2023

Lansdowne Play-Through: Turn Two

Situation at the end of turn one
My seven dice give me two 6s, 5, 4, 2 and two 1s. I reroll the 6s, hoping for move orders, but get 6 and 5.
I allocate two of the move orders to the left-flank horse and the central muskets, so they can move into position to support the left-flank muskets when they fire at the enemy pikes opposite them. The other move order I use to advance the rearward muskets.
The left-flank muskets fire, needing 8+ (from two dice), reduced by two thanks to supporting units and a further one thanks to being on higher ground. I roll 6, demoralising the Royalist pike unit and causing it to flee a hex.
Not exactly first blood to the Parliamentarians, but it is a start
The further-forward right-flank Royalist horse charge up the hill and attack my furthest-forward muskets, needing 6+. They score 8, demoralising my men and sending them fleeing to the edge of the battlefield.
The left-flank Royalist horse charge up the hill and attack my right-flank horse, needing 8+, reduced by one thanks to support from the previously successful Royalist horse, but they roll 5.
The other Royalist horse advance to the edge of the hill. Both right-flank musket units advance, but the left-flank one remains ensconced in trees. The demoralised Royalist pikes fail to rally, fleeing to the edge of the battlefield, but the three other pike units advance.
The bold Royalist advance in the centre and on their left has rather scuppered my manoeuvring plan, but has it left their units vulnerable?

No comments:

Post a Comment