Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Lansdowne Play-Through: Turn Four

Situation at the end of turn three
My seven dice give me 6, two 5s, 4, 3, 2 and 1. I reroll the 5s, hoping for another 6, but get 5 and 4.
Naturally I use the one 6 to rally the demoralised horse at the edge of the battlefield, but have to let the other demoralised horse flee two hexes, taking them also to the edge of the battlefield.
I advance the left-flank pikes and the muskets to their rear, so they both give support when the left-flank muskets fire at the horse to their front. They need 9+, reduced by two for the support units, and roll exactly 7.
My right-flank pikes charge the nearest Royalist pikes, needing 8+, reduced by three thanks to support from each Parliamentarian musket unit, and a further one thanks to the other pike unit. I roll 4, barely demoralising the enemy unit.
My right-flank muskets fire at the pikes directly ahead of them, needing 8+, reduced by four thanks to support from the remaining foot units. I could also have fired at the demoralised pikes, with a very high chance of eliminating them. Unfortunately I only roll 4, enough to demoralise the target, but no more.
All Royalist units on Lansdowne Hill are in retreat
The demoralised Royalist horse fail to rally, and the other Royalist cavalry stand still.
Two of the Royalist musket units advance, but the two demoralised pike units fail to rally.
Finally, the good-morale Royalist pikes attack my right-flank pikes, needing 8+, but roll 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment