Friday, May 12, 2023

Lansdowne Play-Through: Turn Six

Situation at the end of turn five
My seven dice give me 5, two 4s, two 3s and two 2s. I reroll the 3s in the hope of getting an attack order, and ideally a move order, and come up trumps with 6 and 2.
Dice allocated
I start by advancing the rearmost horse, and then I use my left-flank pikes to charge the nearest Royalist muskets, needing 7+, reduced by two thanks to support from horse and musket units, and a further one thanks to the pikes being on higher ground. I roll 7, sending the enemy fleeing to the edge of the battlefield.
My right-flank pikes attack the Royalist horse, needing 7+, reduced by four thanks to support from a unit of horse and three units of muskets. I roll 6, forcing the horse to flee three hexes.
Lansdowne Hill has been well and truly cleared of Royalists
The Royalist cavalry rally, and the right-flank muskets fire at my nearer pikes, needing 8+, but 7 is thrown.
The left-flank muskets stand still, but the demoralised Royalist muskets fail to rally and so exit the battlefield, although the demoralised pikes do rally.
I realise I am tempting fate - risking hubris, as the ancients might have put it - but I am starting to think I might win this battle without losing a single unit

No comments:

Post a Comment