Friday, May 05, 2023

Summing Up The Stratton Play-Through

GAMES do not get any closer than this battle.
With my last shot of the game, I needed to demoralise the one surviving Parliamentarian unit.
To do that my muskets would normally require 8+, but the total was reduced by two since they had support from artillery and another unit of muskets, and I duly rolled exactly the 6 needed.
But while the battle was exciting, it certainly was not perfectly played.
I blundered by siting a unit of cannon on a row of hexes containing trees, meaning it would always get one added to the hit-total required.
And the AI failed to distinguish itself, in contrast to previous battles, by advancing its pikes too hastily and without support from muskets.
Be that as it may, I won, which evens my score against the AI at 3-3.

No comments:

Post a Comment