Sunday, August 13, 2023

Battle Of Roliça Part Two - Allied Playthrough: Turn Two

Situation after turn one
My three dice give me two 5s and 4. I reroll a 5, getting a wildcard 6, which I turn into a 2.
I advance all units a hex in area 4, and in area 2 I advance the cavalry two hexes, but away from the line-of-sight of the French artillery, and I move the infantry behind them.
In area 5 I advance the infantry, but hold the cavalry back in the hope of charging the French cavalry next turn.
I find it hard to believe that attacking piecemeal will work, so I have got to advance en masse as much as possible
The AI's four dice are 6, two 5s and 3. The 6 and one 5 are rerolled, giving another 5 and 2.
The French artillery cannot fire at my right-flank infantry as their line-of-sight is blocked by the village of Columbeira. Instead they roll 6, meaning they move straight down a hex. The infantry in area 2 roll 3, meaning they stand still as they can only move from low to high ground. General Delaborde rolls 4, which means he also stands still as he cannot reach a hex that is more adjacent to the number of friendly units he is already adjacent to.
The infantry in area three roll 2, which means they move onto high ground. The tiebreaker system for deciding which hex to move to has to be employed, and eventually tiebreak-six applies, meaning the infantry occupy a high-ground hex in area 3.
The French cavalry roll 5, which would normally mean advancing towards their nearest enemy, but that only applies after turn two (if I had made myself aware of this rule, I might not have been so hesitant about advancing my right-flank cavalry). The further-forward infantry in area 5 do not move as their roll of 3 means they would only do so if not already on high ground. Their companion units want to move straight down, but their way is still blocked by the French cavalry.
The French artillery's attempt to get a more promising line-of-sight has left it looking vulnerable

No comments:

Post a Comment