Tuesday, August 08, 2023

Cheriton Play-Through: Turn Seven

Situation at the end of turn six
My six dice give me two 6s, two 5s, 3 and 1. I reroll the 5s, getting 3 and 2.
I allocate the 6s to the musketeers, since both units need rallying, and the move-dice to the other units.
After rallying the musketeers, I move the artillery a hex to the left and the right-flank pikes obliquely backwards to their left.
The left-flank pikes charge the musketeers opposite to them, needing 7+, reduced to 6+ thanks to support from horse, but roll 5.
The horse then charge the same musketeers, needing 6+, reduced to 5+ thanks to support from pikes, and I roll 6, demoralising the musketeers and forcing them back a hex.
With two units in danger of exiting the battlefield, the next half-turn looks like being critical for the Parliamentarians
The central Parliamentarian muskets fire at my horse, needing 9+, reduced to 7+ thanks to support from muskets and pikes, and roll 8, demoralising my men and forcing them to flee a hex.
The left-flank Parliamentarian muskets also fire at my horse, needing 9+, increased by one thanks to firing through trees, but reduced by two thanks to support from muskets and thanks to the target being demoralised, meaning 8+ is needed, but roll 7.
The demoralised Parliamentarian muskets rally on a roll of 5.
The good-morale pikes advance a hex, and the demoralised pikes rally on a roll of 6.
A critical half-turn, but the AI rose to the occasion

No comments:

Post a Comment