Monday, August 07, 2023

Cheriton Play-Through: Turn Six

Situation at the end of turn five
My six dice give me 4, 3, 2 and three 1s. I reroll the 1s, getting 4, 3 and another 1.
I allocate the attack-dice to the musket units, and move-dice to the rest.
I start by moving the artillery to their left, so the fleeing musketeers do not have to exit the battlefield.
Then I advance the left-flank pikes and horse, so that when the good-morale muskets fire at the foremost Parliamentarian pikes, they only need 6+. I roll 7, demoralising the pikes and forcing them to flee a hex.
Finally the right-flank pikes moving obliquely backwards to their left.
The Royalists are gradually advancing, but have a long way to go to capture Cheriton Wood
The central Parliamentarian muskets fire at the muskets opposite them, needing 8+, and they roll exactly 8.
The left-flank Parliamentarian muskets fire at the pikes opposite them, needing 8+, but roll 3.
The other Parliamentarian muskets advance towards my left-flank pikes.
The demoralised Parliamentarian pikes fail to rally, and so flee to the edge of the battlefield, and the other pikes advance obliquely towards my horse.
The AI has lined up its musket units directly behind trees

No comments:

Post a Comment