Monday, August 14, 2023

Battle Of Roliça Part Two - Allied Playthrough: Turn Three

Situation at the end of turn two
I roll 4, 2 and 1. I reroll the 1, getting another 2.
I advance my left-flank cavalry into the trees, from where they attack the artillery. My four dice are 6, two 5s and 4, eliminating the French. The infantry in area 2 advance a hex.
My units in area 4 advance a hex.
First blood has gone to the Allies
The AIs four activation dice are two 5s and two 2s. One 5 and 2 are rerolled, giving 6 and 4, which means all French units will be activated, except for the infantry in area 3.
The infantry in area 2 form square as they are within three hexes of my left-flank cavalry, and then fire at the cavalry. Their three dice are decreased by two thanks to being in square* and a further one because the target is in cover, and so cannot fire. Delaborde rolls 1, which only has an effect after turn six.
The infantry in area 4 roll 3, which has no effect as they are already on high ground.
The cavalry in area 5 roll 1, which has no effect. The infantry in area 5 both roll 6, but only the further-forward unit can move straight down a hex. They cannot fire at my troops thanks to the plateau effect of high ground.
It has been mainly light skirmishing so far, but a serious clash of arms cannot be far away
*I have adjusted the rules to make firing-in-square suffer a -2 modifier, rather than the prescribed -1, but infantry in square can fire all-round under my adjustment (rather than just to their front).

No comments:

Post a Comment