Sunday, August 06, 2023

Cheriton Play-Through: Turn Five

Situation at the end of turn four
My six dice give me two 6s, two 4s and two 3s. I reroll the 4s, getting another 3 and another 4.
I allocate the 6s to the horse (obviously) and the artillery, and move-dice to the muskets and left-flank pikes (the right-flank pikes get a useless - for them - attack-die).
After rallying the horse, I advance the muskets and pull back the left-flank pikes to put them on the same rank of hexes as the muskets.
Then with the artillery I fire at the left-flank Parliamentarian muskets, needing 8+, reduced by one thanks to support from muskets and one more for being on higher ground, but increased by one due to firing through trees. I roll 6.
The Parliamentarians have only foot units, but time is on their side
The central Parliamentarian muskets fire at the Royalist muskets opposite them, needing 8+, increased to 9+ as they are firing through trees, but roll 6.
The left-flank Parliamentarian muskets fire at the Royalist muskets opposite them, also needing 9+, and roll exactly 9.
The other Parliamentarian muskets stand still, as do both pike units.
It has been a quiet turn

No comments:

Post a Comment