Friday, August 18, 2023

Battle Of Roliça Part Two - Allied Playthrough: Turn Seven

Situation at the end of turn six
My three dice are 6, 5 and 4. I reroll the 4, getting another wildcard 6. I turn the 6s into 2 and 3. This is obviously a somewhat controversial decision, but I have decided the troops in areas 5, 3 and 2 should be enough to mop up the French, and anyway the units in area 4 are far from the action.
My right flank cavalry attack the forward French in square. My six dice are reduced by three because of the infantry's defensive formation, and I roll 6, 2 and 1, which is enough to eliminate the one-strength infantry.
The infantry in the trees advance obliquely forward to their left and fire at the French infantry in square on the hill ahead of them. My four dice are reduced by one thanks to having moved, but increased by one because the target is in a square. I roll 6, 4 and two 1s. The French are reduced to two-strength but do not fall back because they are in square formation, and anyway are next to General Delaborde.
My left-flank cavalry cross from one hill to another and charge Delaborde. I roll 6, 4 and two 1s, eliminating the general (commanders are one-strength). The infantry in area 3 move forward obliquely to their left and fire at the French infantry. As with the infantry that previously fired, I get four dice, which land two 5s, 4 and 1, eliminating the French. My artillery advance a hex.
The French are down to one unit
The AI rolls 4, 3 and two 2s. One 2 can be rerolled, but it results in another 2, so the French cannot activate this turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment