Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Battle Of Roliça Part Two - Allied Playthrough: Turn Four

Situation at the end of turn three
My activation three dice are two 3s and a 2. I reroll a 3 and get a wildcard 6, which I change into a 5.
I start by ordering my right-flank horse to charge the left-flank French infantry. The six dice give me 6, 5, 4, two 2s and 1, reducing the French unit to one-strength and forcing it back a hex. The infantry in area 5 advance.
The cavalry in the trees mount the high ground in area 3 and charge the French infantry there. The six dice land 6, two 5s, 4, 2 and 1, eliminating the French unit. The infantry in area 2 advance into the trees.*
The infantry and artillery in area 3 advance a hex.
The allies seem to be making good progress, but the French are about to strike back
The AI's four dice are 6, 5, 4 and 1. The 6 is rerolled, but comes up 6 again.
The infantry in area 4 fire at my left-flank cavalry. Their three dice are 5, 2 and 1, reducing my unit to two-strength.
The French cavalry roll 5, and so charge the infantry in front of them. Their six dice are increased by one due to being on higher ground. They roll two 6s, 5, 4, 3 and two 1s, eliminating my unit. The French infantry in area 5 form square and want to fire at my cavalry. But one-strength infantry firing at cavalry only get two dice, and these are cancelled by the modifier for shooting while in a square.**
My cavalry have performed well
*I mistakenly allowed them to advance two hexes instead of the stipulated move for infantry of one hex.
**I have adjusted the rules to make firing while in square suffer a -2 modifier, rather than the prescribed -1, but infantry in square can fire all-round under my adjustment (rather than just to their front).

No comments:

Post a Comment