Saturday, August 05, 2023

Cheriton Play-Through: Turn Four

Situation at the end of turn three
My six dice give me 4, two 3s, two 2s and 1. I reroll the 2s and get 5 and another 2.
I allocate the attack-dice to the muskets and the move-dice to the rest of the units.
My unrallied horse flee to the edge of the battlefield, then my artillery move one hex to the right.
The left-flank pikes charge the right-flank Parliamentarian horse, needing 7+, reduced to 6+ thanks to musket support, and I roll 8 which, thanks to units on the same file of hexes, sends the now-demoralised horse to the edge of the battlefield.
My right-flank pikes charge the left-flank Parliamentarian horse, needing, thanks to support from artillery and two units of muskets, 4+, and I roll 8, also sending this now-demoralised unit to the top of the map.
My musketeers have no enemy within range, and so my turn ends.
This has not been a great battle for cavalry
Neither Parliamentarian cavalry unit rallies (the dice rolls were 4 and 1, instead of the 5 or 6 needed), and so both units flee the battlefield.
The foremost Parliamentarian muskets fire at my right-flank pikes, needing 8+, but roll 5.
The other Parliamentarian muskets advance, as do the good-morale pikes, and the demoralised pikes rally.
For the moment, at least, the Royalist army has more units than its Parliamentarian opponent

No comments:

Post a Comment