Thursday, August 10, 2023

Cheriton Play-Through: Turn Nine

Situation at the end of turn eight

My five dice give me two 6s, 5, 4 and 3.
I allocate the 6s to the demoralised units, the other attack-dice to the artillery and forward muskets, and the move-die to the right-flank muskets.
After rallying the demoralised units, I use the artillery to fire at the demoralised Parliamentarian muskets, needing 8+, reduced by one thanks to being on higher ground, but increased by one thanks to firing through trees, and I roll 11, destroying the enemy unit.
My forward muskets fire at the forward Parliamentarian pikes, needing 8+, reduced by two thanks to support from pikes and horse, and I roll exactly 6.
Finally the right-flank pikes advance a hex.
The Royalist cause is hopeless
The left-flank Parliamentarian muskets fire at the muskets opposite them, needing 8+, increased by one thanks to firing through trees, but roll 5.
The right-flank Parliamentarian muskets fire at my pikes, needing 8+, but roll 4.
The demoralised pikes fail to rally, and so flee to the edge of the battlefield, while the other pikes advance a hex.
It is impossible to clear the field of undemoralised Parliamentarian units next turn, so I concede the battle

No comments:

Post a Comment