Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Battle Of Roliça Part Two - Allied Playthrough: Turn Five

Situation at the end of turn four
My activation three dice are 6, 4 and 2. I reroll the 2 and get a second wildcard 6. I turn one 6 into 3 and the other into 5.
My cavalry in area 3 move forward a hex and charge the French infantry in area 4. The six dice give me two 6s, two 3s, 2 and 1, reducing the infantry to one-strength, My infantry and artillery in area 3 advance a hex.
My right-flank infantry in area 4 fire at the French cavalry. Their three dice are increased by one thanks to the presence of Wellesley. The dice land 5, two 2s and 1, reducing the French to one-strength. The other infantry in area 4 shoot at the same target, also getting four dice, which land 5 and three 3s, further reducing the strength of the French cavalry. My commander remains where he is.
My cavalry in area 5 attack the French cavalry, rolling three 6s and 5, emphatically eliminating the French.
Halfway through the Allied turns and it is looking good for the Anglo-Portuguese
The AI's activation dice are two 3s, 2 and 1. One 3 is rerolled, but lands 6.
The infantry in area 2 still cannot fire at anyone, but have to stay in square because there are enemy cavalry within three hexes. Delaborde rolls 4, but cannot move to a hex that is adjacent to more friendly units.

No comments:

Post a Comment