Friday, April 19, 2024

Battle Of Fuentes De Oñoro - French Playthrough: Turn Eight

Situation after turn seven
My activation dice are 6 and two 3s. I reroll a 3, but it becomes another 3, and I turn the wildcard 6 into a 5.
In area 5 the front cavalry advance two hexes and charge the Allied cavalry, the four dice increased for being on higher ground. I roll 6, 5, 4 and two 2s, reducing the enemy unit to one-strength, but it does not retreat as it is supported by Viscount Wellington. My other cavalry advance and frontally charge the enemy infantry in the trees. The five dice are decreased for the target being in cover, but I roll two 5s, 3 and 1, eliminating the unit.
Marshal Masséna, as he must if he is to have any chance of reaching Almeida before the end of the battle, advances directly one and hex and then obliquely right.
The French commander makes a juicy target for the Allied infantry
The AI's activation dice are 4, 3 and two 1s. A 1 is rerolled, becoming a 2.
In area 1 the artillery roll 1, which has no effect (they could not fire at my men in the trees as San Pedro blocks their line-of-sight).
In area 3 the infantry cannot fire, thanks to the plateau effect of high ground, and so automatically move towards Almeida.
In area 4 the one-strength infantry fire at Marshal Masséna (my commander is their preferred target). The two dice are increased for being on higher ground and next to Wellington. The result is 6, 5, 4 and 3, killing the marshal and so winning the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment