Monday, April 08, 2024

Battle Of Fuentes De Oñoro - Allied Playthrough: Turn Five

Situation at the end of turn four
My activation dice land 6, 2 and 1. I reroll the 2, getting 4, and turn wildcard 6 into 3.
I start in area 3 by firing my artillery at the French artillery. rolling 4 and 1, but the enemy are not forced back a hex as they are supported by the French commander. My infantry fire at the French two-strength infantry ahead of them, rolling a miserable two 2s and two 1s.
In area 4 Wellington advances obliquely left one hex. The cavalry also advance obliquely left, and charge the three-strength French infantry, their four dice being increased for being next to Wellington. I roll 5, 4, 3 and two 2s, reducing the infantry to two-strength and forcing it back a hex. My infantry advance obliquely left and fire at the nearest French infantry, their three dice being decreased for moving, but increased for being next to Wellington. I roll 6, 5 and 2. eliminating the enemy unit.
In area 1 I advance both units onto the hill.
It's a game of two flanks!
The AI's activation dice land 5, 4, 2 and 1.
In area 1 the two-strength cavalry attack my one-strength infantry, a die throw deciding they first advance directly down the map. They roll 6, 5, 4, 2 and 1, eliminating my unit. The infantry roll 1, meaning they occupy Fuentes de Oñoro. The one-strength cavalry roll 1, which has no effect as no enemy is within three hexes.
In area 2 the forward infantry fire at Wellington, their three dice being increased for being next to Marshal Masséna, and they roll 6, 4 and two 3s, killing my commander. The other infantry roll 2, but cannot move any nearer one of the villages and so stand still. Masséna also remains where he is.
In area 4 the infantry fire at my cavalry, their two dice being reduced for the target being in trees, but they roll 5, eliminating my unit.
In area 5 the infantry roll 5, meaning they want to move nearer my forward infantry in area 3, and they do so vertically.
The French are doing well

No comments:

Post a Comment