Tuesday, April 09, 2024

Battle Of Fuentes De Oñoro - Allied Playthrough: Turn Six

Situation at the end of turn five
My activation dice land 5 and two 3s. I reroll a 3, but it turns up 3 again.
In area 3 my artillery fire at the French artillery, but roll 3 and 1. The forward infantry fire at the nearest French infantry, rolling two 4s and 2, but the retreat-effect of the 4s is cancelled by the presence of Marshal Masséna. My three-strength infantry advance obliquely left and fire at the same French infantry, their four dice being decreased for moving. I roll 3 and two 1s.
In area 5 the infantry advance obliquely left.
The French army outnumbers the Allies by nine units to five
The AI's activation dice are 6, 4 and two 2s. The 6 and a 2 are rerolled, landing 4 and 1.
In area 1 the forward cavalry attack my infantry, rolling two 6s, two 5s and 1, eliminating my unit.  The infantry roll 3, but cannot, as required, move straight down. The one-strength cavalry roll 2, but that has no effect as no enemy is within three hexes.
In area 2 the forward infantry fire at my two-strength infantry, preferring them as a target for being nearer a village. Their four dice are increased for being next to Marshal Masséna, and they roll two 5s, 4, 3 and 2, eliminating my unit. The other infantry roll 5, advancing a hex. Masséna advances obliquely right so he can support three French infantry units.
In area 4 the infantry roll 6, advancing a hex.
With the Allied position clearly hopeless, I resign

No comments:

Post a Comment