Monday, April 01, 2024

Battle Of Sabugal - French Playthrough: Turn 10

Situation after turn 10
My activation dice are two 5s and 4. I reroll all three, and they become 6 and two 1s. I change the wildcard 6 into 2, meaning I can activate all three of my remaining units.
My three-strength infantry enter trees and fire at the Allied infantry in trees. The four dice are reduced for moving and for the target being in cover, but I roll two 6s, reducing the enemy unit to one-strength. My one-strength infantry withdraw into the big wood, ensuring their survival to the end of the turn (if they had advanced and fired, they would only have had one die anyway, and not even that if they tried to fire at a target in cover). The artillery stand pat.
The AI wins if it eliminates one of my units or gets another of its units below the red dashed line
The AI's activation dice are two 3s, 2 and 1. A 3 is rerolled, landing 5.
In area 3 both units roll 3, advancing a hex, but remaining above the red dashed line.
In area 5 the forward infantry roll 2, falling back into the river hex beside Sabugal. The artillery roll 3, which means they should advance obliquely forward, putting them across the red dashed line, but only if this would put them in range and line-of-sight of a French unit. That does not apply here, so the artillery remain where they are.
The result is a French win, as I have three units remaining - one more than the Allies have below the red dashed line.

No comments:

Post a Comment