Monday, April 29, 2024

First Hebrews

WHEN I started my Biblical project I planned to buy the vast majority of 10mm figures from Magister Militum.
But after I completed my Egyptian army, designed to fit in with Neil Thomas's rules, the owners of Magister Militum announced their retirement.
That meant no more casting of figures, at least until a buyer of the business was found.
I held on for some weeks, but while parts of Magister Militum were sold, the company's extensive range of 10mm ancients was not among them.
In the end I bought figures for an Early Hebrew army from Newline Designs, although I will probably be mixing in some spare figures from my Magister Militum purchases.
Hebrew slingers - all from Newline Designs
As can be seen, I have painted in what might be called an understated style - vivid colours were not a feature of most upland-based tribes.

No comments:

Post a Comment