Thursday, April 18, 2024

Battle Of Fuentes De Oñoro - French Playthrough: Turn Seven

Situation after turn six
My activation dice land 5, 3 and 1. I reroll the 1, but get another 3.
In area 1 my infantry fire at the enemy directly ahead, the two dice increased thanks to the presence of Marshal Masséna. I roll 6, 5 and 1, easily eliminating the one-strength enemy. Masséna remains where he is.
In area 5 my rear cavalry charge the infantry directly ahead, rolling 6, 5, two 4s and two 2s, eliminating the enemy unit. The other cavalry advance one hex.
A lot will depend on how active the AI is able to be in the coming half-turn
The AI's activation dice land 6, two 4s and 2. The 6 and a 4 are rerolled, but become 4 and 2.
From this turn on Allied infantry that cannot attack an enemy unit head towards Almeida. But that does not affect the infantry in the trees as they can fire at the nearest French cavalry. They roll 5 and 4, reducing my unit to two-strength and forcing it back a hex. The one-strength infantry fire at my one-strength infantry, the two dice increased for being on higher ground and next to Viscount Wellington. The result is two 6s, 4 and 1, eliminating my unit. Wellington remains where he is. The three-strength infantry in area 4 leave the hill to be nearer Almeida.
In some respects I am doing OK, but the victory condition (getting the French commander into Almeida before the end of turn 10) is now all but impossible

No comments:

Post a Comment